Outreach in a Box – RAKE and BAKE
“Put me in the game!” How many times have we quietly cried out to God with this statement in mind. We all want to be used by God to do something great in our office building, our school or neighborhood. For me, what keeps me on the sideline is not availability or passion but a lack of ideas and creativity.
Outreach in a Box is designed to give you an easy outreach reproducible in any context with very little resource effort. Our hope is that you will see maximum spiritual response from your Gospel centric service.
- An outreach that rakes lawns and gathers leaves free of charge of neighbors adjacent to your home.
- (In winter, your small group can shovel snow-filled sidewalks and provide baked goods with a “Shovel and Bake.”)
- Trust with those you serve
- Opportunities to express through service what Christ has done for you
- Look for moments to proclaim Christ
- Identify one or two families that you can serve
- Choose a weekend in October and November where your small group can participate
- Plan for 9am – 12pm
- Rakes, Garbage Bags, Work Gloves
- Plan to bake delicious and savory items with festive bows and wraps
- Send invitations to neighbors with something like, “Got leaves? Save the raking for us!” with date/time.
- Follow up with a phone call or an email to confirm
- Begin praying as a small group for the people they will be visiting.
- Ask God to guide the teams to homes with the greatest need.